Asian food, without using dairy or soy, can be a hard feat...until you are introduced to coconut aminos, it is life changing! Coconut aminos are a gluten, dairy, and soy free version of soy sauce, very little salt is in this savory sauce and so the sodium levels are also lower than a normal soy sauce. This ingredient has always been a hard thing to find....until recently when I was introduced to thrivemarket.com. This online healthy, whole sale, shopping experience is unlike any other. You can find SO many amazing ingredient substitutes that will help you stay within your dietary guidelines!
Just a friendly plug from someone who loves their site!
Now back to my Asian cuisine! This dish hosts all of the amazing flavors and aromas that you look for in beef and broccoli; the wafting of ginger, the hint of garlic, a little sweetness from a little bit of honey, and a hot tangy note from the sriracha.
Blended together, it is heaven in your mouth.
Please note that chicken, shrimp, or tofu can be substituted for this recipe!!
1 lb of all natural, grass fed stir fry beef
1 head of broccoli
1 cup quinoa
1/2 cup coconut aminos
1 tablespoonminced ginger
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 tablespoon raw honey
1-2 tablespoons sriracha ( depending on how much heat you prefer)
1. Cut up your broccoli into florets and put into a pan with 2 tablespoons of water, cover wit ha lid and allow for the florets to brighten and deepen their green color.( about 5 minutes)
2. Take your cup of quinoa and follow the directions on the bag!
3. Once the broccoli is finished, take our and place on a paper towel. Put your protein into your pan and sauté until cooked on the outside. About 4 minutes for beef and chicken, and 1-2 minutes for shrimp.
4. Take out your protein and place with the broccoli. The juices from the fat in your protein will act as a binding flavoring agent. Place your coconut aminos in to the pan with the garlic, ginger, sriracha, and honey. Allow to simmer for 3 minutes for the flavors to blend.
5. Add in your broccoli and protein and put the lid on the dish. This will need to simmer all together for an additional 6-7 minutes.
6. Take out and place on top of a scoop of quinoa and enjoy!