I may sound like I am repeating myself but NOTHING is better than meal prepping, knowing your meal for that specific day, and having it ALL ready so you only have to pop it in the oven when you FINALLY get home from work!!! This recipe is no exception, the stuffing can be made days in advance( and it wonderful as a lunch on its own) and the peppers can be cut and stuffed way before they go into the oven for their glorious 20 minutes of ooey, gooey baking.
1 can of great northern beans( drained)
1/2 of a diced white onion
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
I bag of washed spinach
salt and pepper to taste
1 can petite diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
. begin by heating cooking the ground turkey in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil( or EVOO).
2. While cooking turn the oven to 375 degrees. Take your peppers and cut them in half like a hamburger bun. Take our the seeds and core. Drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper and place in a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes until cooked through.
3. Once turkey is ground, take out of the pan, leaving the juices inside. Put the onions and garlic in the pan and sauté until golden colored.
4. Add in the spinach and tomatoes. Cook until warm.
5. Put in 2 tablespoons of the nutritional yeast. Continue to cook.
6. Once the peppers are out of the oven, place a generous spoonful of filling into each pepper. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining yeast and place back in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown on top!
7. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
** If making ahead of time, make the filling and roast the peppers- stuff the peppers and then cover everything with tin foil. When ready to eat preheat oven to 375 and then place in oven for 20 minutes to cook through and brown!