Nothing has ever been so simple, and yet so delicious as these popcorn balls! If you do not know me, than you may not know of my slightly dangerous obsession with popcorn. When asked my favorite food, it will ALWAYS be popcorn. The slightly salty tangy after taste, the smell of the ghee melting over it, and the fact that it is QUINOA, and so totally something my digestive system can handle, means that it is a daily consumption in my household!
These popcorn balls were created in honor of my childhood after school snack, rice krispie treats! We all remember the delicious snap, crackle, and pop with the gooey, sticky melted marshmallow coating! Well, I am bringing childhood back with these Quinoa, sugar free, dairy free chocolate versions of the old time classic!
0 cups of quinoa popcorn
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 bag of sugar and dairy free marshmallows
4 tablespoons of enjoy chocolate chips
1. melt the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds.
2. Add the marshmallows and microwave for an additional 90 seconds.
3. Take out and stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Pour this mixture over the 10 cups of quinoa popcorn. Stir together until everything is combined.
4. Wet your hands, take a handful of the mixture and form into balls. This recipe should make 15-16 balls depending on your size preference!
5. Once formed, take your chocolate chips and melt for 30 seconds in the microwave. Drizzle over the balls and allow to cool completely( not in the fridge) before serving!
** These are a fantastic dessert for parties, or an after dinner treat during the week:)