Sometimes nothing is better than a nice, warm muffin in the morning and I have mornings where I would love to have my coffee and a pastry....but then I remember that I a. don't have the time to bake them to be warm and fresh each morning and b. cannot start my day with tons of sugar, butter, and fat!
Insert my new amazing 2 minute muffin recipe here!
This recipe is perfect for those mornings I was just mentioning, and the best part is that this muffin makes a single serving( portion control), and is filled with protein, good for you fats, and no processed sugar...making it the perfect cold fall morning breakfast.
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon coconut flour
2 tablespoons almond flour
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Crack the egg into a coffee mug. Whisk the egg until beaten. Add in the melted coconut oil, honey, and pumpkin puree.
2. Mix these wet ingredients until combined.
3. Add the coconut flour, almond flour, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice, using a fork to whisk together until a thick mixture has formed in the mug.
4. Place in microwave on high for 2 minutes.
5. Allow the muffin to cool before taking it out to eat, it will continue to cook after being taken out of the microwave!
** This whole breakfast will take you less than 5 minutes to prepare and make( that includes taking out and putting away the ingredients!)